All property photos
Set on a leafy residential street just steps from College Avenue and all the pleasures of its bustling Elmwood neighborhood, this light-filled second floor condominium combines the vintage charms of this handsome 1927 four-unit building with updated kitchen, bathroom and windows. Filled with light from all sides, the versatile one bedroom plan includes two large main rooms, one with a study or sleeping alcove (perhaps once a Murphy bed?), distinctive fireplace, built-in cabinetry, hardwood floors, and French doors for separation. The kitchen opens to the rear deck and staircase to a dedicated garage and separate storage room. Leave your car in the garage and stroll to nearby Elmwood, Rockridge, UC, Downtown Berkeley, buses and BART.
- Handsome entry staircase to this quiet second floor unit
- Versatile one bedroom floor plan with French doors for separation
- Bright tiled bathroom with shower over tub
- Generous closet with custom shelving
- Handsome, updated kitchen in wood and tile
- Kitchen door to rear deck and staircase to garage
- Tankless water heater
- New refrigerator
- Combination washer/dryer in kitchen
- Dual paned windows
- Wall furnace
- Deeded garage and storage room
- 587 square feet per public record
- Small HOA managed by local management company
- HOA Dues $235 per month
- Pets allowed with restrictions
- Rental allowed with restrictions
The much sought-after neighborhood of Elmwood has a rich architectural history. Early 20th-century houses, estates, and some of the more notable homes designed by prominent turn-of-the-century Bay Area architect Julia Morgan can be found in this neighborhood.
The local shopping district centered on the intersection of College and Ashby avenues is a bustling hive of activity, featuring an array of gourmet eateries, boutique shops, cafes, and restaurants. Residents of Elmwood also enjoy an easy walk to public transportation, a library, and parks. For an only-in-Elmwood, experience, visit Mrs. Dalloway's, a shop that combines a bookstore and garden supplies, or Rialto Cinemas Elmwood, a Berkeley city landmark that houses a three-screen cinema.In terms of hyperlocal culture, Julia Morgan Theatre offers camps and classes as well as performances of music, dance, and theater throughout the year.
Additional Showings by Appointment with the Listing Agent